Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cracked Teeth

Why does this happen???

Went for my 6 month dental checkup and discovered that the source of a minor tooth pain was a tooth that is on the verge of splitting in two.

I am currently slobbering on my lap.  My mouth is numb.  I have a glistening new silver temporary crown over the cracked tooth.  Apparently when a filling cracks this badly, it is only a short time before it splits the tooth completely in two causing massive pain.  The tooth has already cracked, but still holding together.

The Dental Assistant lives near the Dental Lab. She is taking my "impression" home tonight to leave on her porch tomorrow for early morning pick-up by the lab.  They have done this kind of rush job before for other patients... apparently.  I have an appointment next Thursday to get the thing slapped on, one day before we leave!!!

The only other time I can recall cracking a tooth was last year: a week before I left to hike across the Grand Canyon.  More "emergency" repairs.  Gaaaa!

No comments: