Monday, October 11, 2010

Military Maneuvers

I need the world to obey my commands at this particular moment.  The world is not listening to me.

I need to make a bunch of Benefits elections (Medical etc) before I leave work for vacation.  The information package has not arrived; the websites are not unlocked; I cannot do what I need to do.

I need my business suit and wool coat back from the drycleaners.  I don't know if they fit my suitcase.  No matter; I don't have anything else in the suitcase yet, so there is lots of room for a business suit and wool coat.  Usually I pack in less than an hour with one carry-on bag.  Packing for 2 months is complicated.

I spoke with Tom this evening.  He still needs to rebuild the engine of his truck before he can leave.  He needs to be here in 3 days and it is a 4 day drive. He says not to worry.

I recall checking about a year ago regarding Entry Visa requirements for Turkey.  I can only remember my feelings but not my thoughts.  My feeling was relief.  Today, I couldn't remember if the feeling of relief was because we didn't need an Entry Visa or because the Visa application process would take less than a year.  The latter would be a little late at this point, as would any sort of Visa that needs to go in the passport.  A quick bit of Googling turned up that Entry Visas ARE needed.  Oops.  Fortunately, they are issued on-the-spot at the Istanbul airport.  I immediately recall an experience at the on-the-spot Visa office at the Prague airport in 1994, where upon reaching the front of the line, I immediately began hemorrhaging money.  We shall see if Istanbul uses the same process.

... with my mind full of restful thoughts, I head to bed ...

.

No comments: