Thursday, November 4, 2010

Forgotten Corners

A slightly more edgier day today.  Totally me: not Paris.  I had a lot of bad dreams last night, which just set the whole day on edge. 

We did “Walk 3” today which is through an ancient gourmet district.  We passed restaurants such as “Rocher de Cancale” which was the headquarters for Paris’ first restaurant critic (1758-1838). 

We stopped by at Frenchie to try to confirm our reservation, but despite Diane’s French, they were equally discombobulated as when I made the reservation a couple of months ago.  It sounds like we have the reservation.  ... we think, maybe.

There was a cool wholesale kitchen utensil shop that Diane found a bunch of stuff she wants to go back and buy.  It was on Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, which I though was kind of cool, considering I am reading one of his books.

There were candy shops, a snail restaurant, a pig's foot restaurant, cooking shops, philatelic shops, everything.  Another good walk.

Diane went out shopping to Galleries Lafayette this afternoon.  I hung back at the apartment hoping to surf the The Economist website.  The temptations of home got in the way: didn’t do much.  When out at dusk and photographed store fronts; nothing special.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Diane,
I chuckled when I read about all of the kitchen stuff you want to buy. Does this mean you're gonna do more cooking when you come back home?

Bon Appetite!
Laurie p.

Diane A said...

Laur,

What was I thinking! I forgot I have a new personal cook at home (Whole Foods). I guess I was viewing it more like a souvenir - something to look at and admire. It's cast iron with red enamal-BEAUTIFUL!

Brian A said...

Good thing she is married to someone who considers Costco chicken to be gourmet food.