Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Window Shopping Walk

I have begun to wake using my alarm clock.  It’s set for 6:00 AM and I feel better somehow sleeping only a set number of hours.  There is lots to do, so the extra awake hours are welcome.

The lady behind the counter at my boulangerie now recognizes me, so I only have to say “bonjour” then “qui” when she asks me if I want my usual.  Four euros for breakie.  Diane still has not come along, preferring to make her own dietetically wholesome breakfast in the apartment.  Party pooper.

We spent a large part of the day doing Frommer’s Walk #10.  We chose to walk to the starting point from our apartment by following the right bank of the Seine River.  It took about an hour to get to the starting point.  Diane thought it was a bit long, but that is only because she didn’t have enough chocolate for breakfast.

Walk 10 is around the Madeleine District, not far from where Greg and Lauri will be staying.  Its focus is the epicurial shops around Place de la Madeleine and the luxury goods stores along Rue Saint Honoré.  They are pretty amazing. 

I couldn’t bring myself to take pictures inside of Hèrmes.  It was remarkably busy and I think I felt a bit intimidated.  It certainly is the place to buy a saddle for your horse or order a pair of custom made shoes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thrilled to see that the new CF reader is working. It is very true that a picture paints a thousand words.

And I love the Aristotle quote; so profound. But I expect nothing less of you, you Renaissance man.

Laurie p.